Now Open to all Skydivers!
Our first priority at Piedmont Skydiving is the health, happiness, and safety of our customers, staff, and community. Like many other local businesses, we were asked by the state to help keep the spread of COVID-19 by remaining closed for as long as possible and happily complied with all state orders. As soon as we got the go-ahead from the state and felt comfortable opening back up, we opened our doors to experienced license jumpers only. We did this for two reasons: first, to keep numbers and contact to a minimum, and second, so that we could prepare and set-up for when we re-opened to all skydivers.
We’re excited to announce that as of May 18th, we are now open to all skydivers! Ready to make a reservation now? Click here to make a reservation
New & Updated Practices
While we are open, our top priority is the health and safety of our customers, staff, and community. Because of this, we’ve worked hard to employ new practices to help keep you healthy and happy.
Not much will change the actual skydiving experience, but we have reduced max seating capacity in our plane provide more spacing. We will also leave the plane door open longer during the flight to encourage air circulation while we must be in closer contact.
Although we are recommending that those over 65 or those with close contact with at-risk age groups avoid jumping, it’s our hope that with these measures, everyone will be able to experience skydiving without the fear of getting sick or exposing others!
Dropzone Policies & Safety Measures
We’ve posted information and signage explaining precautionary measures at the dropzone, so you understand what has changed from our normal experience. Here are a few additional things we’ve done at the DZ:
- Based on availability, we’ll have several large bottles of hand sanitizer publicly available in common areas
- We have installed a plexiglass screen to protect customers and our office workers
- We have separated our spectator area and tandem operations area to minimize contact between groups
- The waiting line to our office and gear-up areas are marked with 6ft spacing markers
Public-use Items & Gear
We have temporarily eliminated many public use items (water tanks, gloves, jumpsuits, pants, etc.). We’re putting these high-touch items away for a while, for everyone’s safety. Other public-use items that are necessary for operation (like clipboards and pens) will be cleaned between uses. Here are a few additional things we’ve done regarding our gear:
- We have purchased neck buffs to use as face covers, especially while in the airplane. These do not provide as much protection as N95 masks, so we ask that customers and staff provide their own additional PPE to their level of comfort
- We only use each pair of goggles once per week. The time between use and extra sanitization will make these shared items safer
- Our manifest will enter your picture or video selections, instead of a public use iPad
- Disposable gloves are available for customers and staff
- Our instructors will be wearing masks and a full-face helmet
We’re excited to be able to open back up to the public and to help you experience the adventure of a lifetime without having to worry about COVID-19! Ready to get started? Click the link below to make a reservation!