Read our articles about skydiving in the Carolinas and around the world.
2016 | All Categories
- Excuse Me While I Lift the Sky
» 10/15/17, 9:49 PM
- Way, Way Better Than Cake
» 9/30/17, 10:41 AM
Meg Avey Leaps Into 60 (With Flair!)
- Worth the Weight
» 7/13/17, 8:58 AM
Jeremy Post Slays 125 Dragons To Make His First Skydive (And Insists You Can, Too)
- Every Day Is Halloween In Freefall
» 6/18/17, 11:57 PM
Dressing Up And Getting Down With Dana Wagner
- Concentrated Inspiration: Piedmont Skydiving Welcomes Dynamo Jarrod Spears to the Sky
» 6/18/17, 11:55 PM
Jarrod Spears is a man on a mission.
- The Triumphant Flight of Mr. Johnson
» 3/3/17, 6:48 PM
Teacher of the Year Anthony Johnson Makes His First Jump (Of Many!)
- Successful Skydiving Spectating: A Quick Guide for “Ground Crew”
» 1/19/17, 6:12 AM
Want to bring your tribe along to marvel at your majesty as you make that longed-for skydive? Awesome! Skydiving is even more fun when you have friends and family along to celebrate with you. We have a few tips you can share with them to ensure smooth sailing (so pass these along to your people).
- A Surprising New Years Resolution That Just Might Change Your Life
» 1/1/17, 4:30 PM
2016 has come and gone (thank goodness, right?) and it’s time to press the reset button--but this time, for reals.
- The Unsinkable Lisa Cook
» 11/16/16, 10:38 PM
On surviving cancer, then celebrating in the sky.
- Student Spotlight: The Incredible Shrinking Mike Yarbrough
» 11/16/16, 10:36 PM
Mike Yarbrough, from Lexington, North Carolina, is less than half the man he used to be. To be precise, he’s 410 pounds smaller. The weight limits on skydiving pose a challenge to many, many potential jumpers, so a success story like this one gets us on our feet and cheering.
- But I'm Afraid of Heights!
» 11/16/16, 10:32 PM
A lot of first-time tandem skydivers are super-concerned with their fear of heights. But guess what? Everybody is afraid of heights, to some degree. You are by no means alone.
- How to Relax Before (or After) Your First Skydive
» 11/16/16, 10:31 PM
- How Our Equipment Makes Your Tandem Skydive Better
» 11/16/16, 10:27 PM
The Sigma System is Safer, More Comfortable and Better All-Around
- One High-Flying Proposal
» 11/16/16, 10:25 PM
About Proposing to Your Boo On A Skydive
- How Do These Nifty Skydiving Gift Certificates Work?
» 11/16/16, 10:23 PM
Ever wanted to give someone a once-in-a-lifetime experience that will guarantee they’ll be indebted to you forever because your gift changed, like, their entire lives?
- First-Timer? Here's What To Expect
» 11/16/16, 10:21 PM
If you're a first-timer, you might be daunted by the idea of making a tandem skydive. We're here to tell you to go for it! We'd love for you to take that leap at Piedmont Skydiving, and we want you to know exactly what you can expect from your tandem skydiving experience with us. Here's the beta.
- What's the Skydiving Season in North Carolina?
» 11/16/16, 10:19 PM
What's the best time to skydive around Charlotte, North Carolina? All day, every day! Around Charlotte, we like to brag: We're just three hours from the beach! We're just two hours from the mountains! We also like to brag about our weather. It's fantastic: not too warm, not too cold.
- How To Celebrate Your Skydive in Charlotte
» 11/16/16, 10:18 PM
You've flown through the air with the greatest of ease and you've landed happily back on earth -- it's time to celebrate! Whether you want to watch your skydiving video with a cocktail, dance it out at a club or smile back up at the sky from a quiet, beautiful perch, you'll find it here!
- Leaping Into Fall, Winter and Spring
» 11/16/16, 6:21 PM
WHAT TO WEAR FOR A COLD-WEATHER TANDEM SKYDIVE